Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Well..I wasn't expecting that...

So we've only been waiting for two weeks to close on our house. Not that long. But the waiting has been ....not at all what I expected it to be. It has been excruciating for me. I was expecting this time to be filled with excitement and anticipation. Weirdly, though, I found myself miserable and hardly able to speak without tearing up. All I could think about was the time that I had spent in my current house. The babies that have been raised here. The yard that my kids have been growing up with. All of the intended projects I didn't get done here. I really just could not get past this overwhelming emotion. Then I had a conversation with my girls that seemed to calm me down considerably. "What are you looking forward to the most about moving?" I asked hesitantly, tears threatening to burst forth. "We get our own rooms and so much space inside and we get to be in town close to the parks and the pool and the library and friends and Dad will just be a block away when he's at work....". This list went on and on ....and on. "What will you miss about this house?" I asked, confident the list would be equally extensive and that I would not be the only teary-eyed person sitting on the trampoline. "Ummmm....the yard, the quiet and we won't get to play paintball as easily." That was it. I guess I really just needed to hear from the rest of the family why this move was a good idea and they have convinced me....almost to the point where the tears are again filling my eyes but this time because I know that my family will have a great time at the new house as we work on fixing it up. And because I have realized in the past few weeks that really, in the end this house and the new one are just houses.. our HOME is our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment